帖子:5518
粉蓝豆:1071
经验:5755
注册时间:2008-09-29
加关注  |  发消息
1 楼    发表于2010-05-29 12:54:00举报|引用
返回顶部 | 快捷回复

Interesting case and thank for sharing.

I once did a lot of breast FNA when I was cytofellow at USC where all breast mass lesions would be referred to cytopathologists to do FNA. Now days FNA is rare to be used for the primary evaluation of breast lesions at Magee and most large medical centers in the US. If we do not consider the money, cost-effect, it will be easy for pathologists to read breast core bx than FNA.

For this case I woud like to sign out:

-Negative for maligancy.

-clusters of apocine cells.

-Suggestive of fibrocystic changes.

Comment:

Mostly it is a lesion with cystic papillary apocine metaplasia even though the papillary lesion cannot be completely excluded.

FNA combined with clinical impression and imaging finding (Triple test) is highly accurate. If one of the parameters is discordant, surgical biopsy is warranted. Benign Triple test should return for follow up in 3 to 6 months. (write this part in your comment for all FNA breast cases to protect yourself).

In fact 3 cm cystic lesion should be excisioned. Of cause I will not write this sentence in my report. Pathologists do not need to take all the responsblity for patient care. We take care of the part we should have.

回复

Rebecca 离线

帖子:2771
粉蓝豆:52
经验:3408
注册时间:2006-09-25
加关注  |  发消息
2 楼    发表于2010-05-29 13:37:00举报|引用
返回顶部 | 快捷回复
以下是引用cqzhao在2010-5-29 0:54:00的发言:

Interesting case and thank for sharing.

I once did a lot of breast FNA when I was cytofellow at USC where all breast mass lesions would be referred to cytopathologists to do FNA. Now days FNA is rare to be used for the primary evaluation of breast lesions at Magee and most large medical centers in the US. If we do not consider the money, cost-effect, it will be easy for pathologists to read breast core bx than FNA.

For this case I woud like to sign out:

-Negative for maligancy.

-clusters of apocine cells.

-Suggestive of fibrocystic changes.

Comment:

Mostly it is a lesion with cystic papillary apocine metaplasia even though the papillary lesion cannot be completely excluded.

FNA combined with clinical impression and imaging finding (Triple test) is highly accurate. If one of the parameters is discordant, surgical biopsy is warranted. Benign Triple test should return for follow up in 3 to 6 months. (write this part in your comment for all FNA breast cases to protect yourself).

In fact 3 cm cystic lesion should be excisioned. Of cause I will not write this sentence in my report. Pathologists do not need to take all the responsblity for patient care. We take care of the part we should have.

非常感谢赵老师的指导!学习了!我已转或将转您的诊断意见到其他两个专业网非妇科细胞学会诊栏目相发帖里,让大家一起学习、分享。 

回复
signature
三十功名尘与土,八千里路云与月。
回复:2 阅读:1879
共1页/2条首页上一页1下一页尾页
【免责声明】讨论内容仅作学术交流之用,不作为诊疗依据,由此而引起的法律问题作者及本站不承担任何责任。
快速回复
进入高级回复
您最多可输入10000个汉字,按 "Ctrl" + "Enter" 直接发送
搜索回复/乘电梯 ×
按内容